TIAA Bank CRA mission statement
TIAA Bank is committed to serving the credit needs of its entire CRA Assessment Areas (AA), including the needs of low- to moderate-income (LMI) individuals, LMI geographies, small businesses, and community development organizations. TIAA Bank will help meet these credit needs in a safe and sound manner through prudent banking practices.
TIAA Bank has engaged community development organizations in discussions and will seek partnership intended to expand the Bank’s presence and commitment in underserved segments of the communities with identified economic development needs. TIAA Bank will seek relationships with those organizations to help develop and offer products and services that enhance the economic vitality of the community and strengthen TIAA Bank’s reputation not only in the CRA space, but as a key financial institution with a deeply-rooted commitment to doing good. Accordingly, TIAA Bank will observe the following guidelines:
- TIAA Bank will assure that products and services are responsive to the needs of the entire community, including LMI areas and residents
- Loan products will be designed to meet the needs of the communities in which we operate
- Loan products will be responsive to community development needs
- TIAA Bank will assure that clients within an AA, including LMI tracts, are aware of the services TIAA Bank offers
- TIAA Bank will offer financial literacy, budgeting, and money management programs targeted to persons with limited experience with the banking industry