We've got your back
Keeping your accounts and money safe and sound
In today’s online world, it’s vital that you have the tools and take the necessary steps to keep your information safe and secure. And we’re here to help.
Your financial information is one of the most important things you can keep secure, and our goal is to provide the protection you need to bank with confidence. Client security is our top priority, and every associate is held to strict privacy and information security rules.
Our website and app use strong encryption technology to protect your username, password and personal account information. To ensure you are on a web page with encryption, look for “https://” and a lock symbol in your web browser.
We monitor data in order to detect fraud and unauthorized use. If we notice suspicious activity on your account, we may contact you by phone, text, email or mail to confirm you have authorized that purchase.
Web Safety Guarantee
Our Web Safety Guarantee provides protection for certain lost or misdirected funds and bill payment fees. See full guarantee coverage details
We believe we are defined by how we behave and never compromise the integrity and high ethical standards we expect from our associates. You can rest assured that we have policies and procedures in place regarding the way we expect associates to protect your confidential information (including your account and personal information), as well as guidelines to restrict how we use and share information for certain processes and transactions.
We’ve instituted policies, procedures, associate training and communication programs designed for the purpose of protecting your information. The following are some examples of how we protect your information:
- Restricting access to NPI (nonpublic personal information) to only those persons within the business who need to know the information in order to process or service client accounts
- Requiring third parties doing business with us to comply with all applicable privacy and security laws
- Maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state standards to safeguard NPI
Those who become victimized by identity theft often face significant personal stress and the potential for financial loss. For our clients with a TIAA Bank debit card, if you ever become a victim of identity theft, you may qualify for up to $1,000 in reimbursement coverage for certain identity theft-related expenses.
Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. For further details, please refer to our Guide to Benefits
We’re pleased to be a direct provider of Trusteer Rapport, a leading software solution that will button up the security of your computer when banking with us online.
Trusteer Rapport keys in on crime
- Prevents malware from tampering with online transactions
- Removes malicious malware from computer
- Sends reports of malware and phishing attempts
- Protects online banking login information
- Shows you when you are on an unprotected site
- Works with installed antivirus software